2014 dress trends
Sexy back cutouts, fit-and-flare skirts and whimsical gauzy overlays tend to be exactly what get this season’s dresses be noticed.
Maria Valentino / MCV Photo
- Select a dress with a brand new accent like a lace keyhole as well as a cutout into the straight back. It’s slightly sexy but still delicate sufficient your bridesmaids won’t feel they’re baring all of it.
Where You’ll Locate Them: Amsale, Occasions by Jim Hjelm and Alvina Valenta
- Not merely tend to be belts totally figure flattering, they’re additionally a great way to dress a more casual dress. It works on both long and short types also.
Where You’ll Find Them: BHLDN and Occasions by Jim Hjelm
- You’d expect to see bridesmaid dresses in flowy textiles. But for an official wedding ceremony, some designers have created clothes with a more pronounced fit-and-flare form and much more structured fabrics, like dipioni silk.
Where You’ll Find Them: Zac Posen, Badgley Mischka and Alvina Valenta
- Sheer levels of fabric across dress give floor-length bridesmaid dresses an ethereal vibe. Select a dress in a soft shade like most these intimate styles shown above.
in which You’ll Find Them: Amsale, Alvina Valenta and BHLDN
Kurt Wilberding, Maria Valentino / MCV Picture
- Textiles like chiffon, tulle and lace lend a softer side to outfits in an industrial-inspired grey hue.
Where You’ll See Them: Alvina Valenta, Watters and Amsale
- Asymmetric arms tend to be huge for bridesmaid dress manner, also it’s easy to see the reason why with revisions like twisted fabric, lace illusions and cutouts.
Where You’ll see them: Alvina Valenta, times by Jim Hjelm and Tadashi Shoji
- Barely there spaghetti straps tend to be hot for ready-to-wear manner, and it’s no various for dresses.
In which You’ll See Them: Occasions by Jim Hjelm, Alvina Valenta and Amsale
- Break the taboo that wearing white is set aside limited to the bride. (Everyone know who this woman is, no matter what the woman buddies are using.)