Fashion trends 2008
listed here are my top manner styles of 2008, another within my group of lists. This was the simpler lists to compile, as most of those photos had been currently serving as motivation for me. It's interesting to see how rapidly these trends had been picked up, which styles will stay into 2009, which styles have actually morphed from 2007.
1. Gladiator Sandals: the greatest fashion-warrior footwear! Having initially already been “seen” in 2007, these were still the shoe is wearing through 2008. The shoe production facilities started pumping from styles – we saw them in knee-high, we saw them ankle-high, we saw them in metallic tints. it is not hard to understand. They offer toughness to an outfit, just because simply using an easy cotton dress.
2. Headbands: Another trend we initially saw back in 2007, maybe even dating back to 2006, it started out as a straightforward scarf tied around the tresses on movie stars like Nicole Richie. But these morphed into a more advanced look in 2008, reminiscent of the flapper era. Velvet turbans, sequinned headbands – the headband became the must-have accessory of the year.
3. Feathers: Feather detail began showing up regarding runways in early stages in the year. While our manner thoughts of feathers feature feather boas draped around my shoulders whenever I had been youthful, regarding runways it delivered itself in a more ethereal fashion: high-waisted dresses with fishnets, tucked behind ears, on collars, underneath dark blazers.
4. Fringe Detail: Fringe detailing was everywhere – from Mary Kate Olsen’s fringe bag by Prada, to flapper-style dresses, to moccasins. Most of the fringe information was similar to the hippie era and added an excellent sixties touch to any outfit.
5. Stud Detail: unexpectedly studding, and Do-it-yourself studding, became all the rage, and a costly rage at that. A set of hand-studded shoes at Free men and women sets you right back a lot more than $300 and Rumi of Fashion Toast is making circa $100 on every pair of studded Levis she offers! It began whenever Bess introduced their particular studded moccasins and it doesn’t check out be closing any time in the future.
6. Torn Denim: It became obvious after Balmain sent designs down the catwalk in perfectly-torn denim that we wouldn’t be searching straight back. Instantly everyone is shredding their jeans to near-oblivion and, if you have the skill to have a near-perfect slash, why don't you?
7. Grunge Revival: If it has the scent of child character, it most likely is. Draw out your Doc Martens along with your lumberjack shirts. Grunge has returned. It is like it absolutely was simply yesterday that grunge had been right here the very first time. It absolutely was an indication of the revival when Daisy Lowe became the very first “face” of Doc Martens. Now, lumberjacks every-where are making a killing on eBay using their old tops.
8. High-Waisted: Not always more flattering of looks, this trend is another that transported over from 2007. High-waisted short pants banged off the trend plus in 2008, it morphed into high-waisted skirts – sets from ethnic to floral to geometric images to quick black, provided that it was high-waisted. Usually worn with a straightforward container, this trend had been ideal for girls with slim waists but wide hips.
9. Leather Leggings: out-of nowhere emerged leather-look leggings. Sass & Bide’s “Black Rats” leggings were sold out days ahead of time, Kate Moss did a set of Topshop and American Apparel is ruling industry. Complementing or perhaps not, every person wants them.
10. Wayfarer Sunglasses: I’ve mentioned it once already right here but brightly coloured wayfarers had been a massive trend this season. Starting out with Heath Ledger sporting purple wayfarers in January, we seemed to move through all the tints, with Rachel Bilson in green, Ashley Olsen in tangerine and Chloe Sevigny in white. I believe that line up of brands alone demonstrates what popular these were.
YOU CAN ALSO LIKE: Most Useful Fashion Designer Appearances Of 2008
Get The Best of Mama's The Rolling Stone
Join our publication and stay updated from the newest road design, clothes reviews, product sales & much more.